Support is New Zealand based, during business hours 9 am - 5 pm, Monday thru Friday.
Support works through queue-based systems that enable us to handle requests in the order in which we receive them. For urgent issues, you can reach out via phone if you're on the Stronghold plan or above.
Medieval has you covered
- Switching PHP versions.
- Setting up SFTP users.
- Investigation of server error messages.
- White screen of death / disabling plugins.
- Hacks, malware removal (paid service or security-focused preventative maintenance support plan).
- One-time investigation of specific, duplicatable performance issues to rule out server misconfiguration as the cause of the issue.
- General oversight and advice.
You will still need a developer
Medieval provides a hosting platform optimised for WordPress and the tools you need to manage and run your website. However, we don’t take over development responsibilities for our clients. For this reason, there are a few things which fall out-of-scope for our support team, such as:
- Changes to the appearance of your website.
- Changes to the content of your website.
- Changes to the functionality of your site’s theme and plugins.
- Optimization of your website for improved performance in search results (SEO services).
- Code audits.
- Any code editing. We’re happy to help you identify a PHP file generating a fatal error and disable the problematic plugin or theme to get your site back online, but fixing the code to resolve the error is up to the developer of that specific plugin or theme.
- Migrating your site away from Medieval to another host.
We also don’t provide updates for themes, plugins, or WordPress core. This is due to the fact that sometimes developers push out bad updates. We always recommend taking a backup before you perform updates on your site. This way you can easily roll back with a single click if there is an issue. You can then reach out to the plugin or theme developer for a fix. We, of course, are happy to help investigate server error messages should they arise from a bad update.
We’re happy to help locate and provide any errors in our logs and provide general guidance when applicable. While we like to help whenever we can, please understand that we simply can’t directly support all of the available plugins, themes and code in the Open Source space for WordPress. In most of these cases we strongly advise reaching out to a developer, the service or the author to help with these elements of your site.
Support is available if you have your DNS records managed by us. We do not support requests relating to DNS if they are hosted elsewhere.
We do provide limited support on outgoing email from your WordPress environment(s). Be aware that we are not intended as an email host however and troubleshooting information is highly limited. It is advised that customers configure third-party email hosting for greater control, logging and stability.
Outside the Scope of Support
- Site design issues, customisation or coding.
- Web development and plugin customisation.
- Debugging custom code.
- Writing custom code (.htaccess, regex, redirections, helpers).
- Search engine optimisation (SEO).
- User Management.
- Database management or assisting with SQL queries.
Other Frameworks and Non-WordPress Software
We’re here to host and support WordPress. While we will allow you to set up a simple non-WordPress PHP script alongside your WordPress site, we do not provide any support for non-WordPress scripts and applications.
If In doubt, don’t hesitate to ask
We’re here to help. So if you aren’t sure if a specific issue is covered by our support team, don’t hesitate to open up a ticket and ask.